“The results of the asset and inventory management contract has provided CCMUA with a comprehensive, easily searchable database.”
- On-Site Support and Staff Augmentation for Governmental Agency
- Serving Major Camden Agency
- Comprehensive Understanding of Local Coordination
Grant was contracted by the Camden County Municipal Utilities Authority (CCMUA) to collect and compile a comprehensive portfolio of its more than 15,000 assets and create a customized, easily searchable computer database to improve the functionality of the organization.
The CCMUA is responsible for treating 58 million gallons of sewage daily, via 135 miles of pipe, one main plant, and 27 pump stations. In total, the CCMUA, which serves 37 municipalities with a population of approximately 500,000, has over 15,000 assets.
After Grant catalogued, photographed, and tagged every asset with a barcode asset tag, the firm entered all information into a state-of-the-art Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) that we helped develop and tailor to meet the CCMUA’s needs. The new system has been effective in maximizing efficiency and performance via improved asset and inventory management.
The results of the Asset and Inventory Management Contract have included:
- Developing preventative maintenance schedules for equipment and the necessary parts required, which has resulted in less equipment break fixes.
- Budgeting, planning, and purchasing efficiency, giving the CCMUA more cost certainty on a year-to-year basis.
- Improving the RFP/RFQ preparation process, as the new system generates real-time information, allowing the CCMUA to provide more accuracy in detailing the expectations for consultants responding to the RFP/RFQ. By extension, the CCMUA has received improved responses, leading to improved consultant selections.