Grant Integrative Facilities Management is recognized as one of the most respected facility management firms in the tri-state region and we are looking to expand our staff with experienced Maintenance Mechanics seeking career-enhancing opportunities.
Grant’s current portfolio of projects is quickly growing, giving us the chance to provide qualified, dedicated, and ambitious professionals challenging opportunities with flexible schedules.
Our firm has multiple openings for Maintenance Mechanics with experience providing general services. A Maintenance Mechanic’s primary responsibility is to provide and maintain all necessary safety standards throughout the facility working in conjunction with the client’s Facilities Department. Interested candidates must assist in or perform the duties needed to keep the facility and its systems in good repair, including, but not limited to, minor electrical work, minor plumbing, carpentry, mechanical repairs, and other duties as assigned. All responsibilities will be executed as required by code and regulatory requirements.
All Grant employees must exhibit excellent communication skills to interact with the client, on-site personnel, and visitors.
- Actively respond to all help-desk calls as paged, phoned, or verbally notified. After assessing the issue, perform necessary repairs/adjustments or notify appropriate personnel and/or supervisor if additional expertise is required.
- Periodically inspect fire doors, hallways for egress, lighting, and ceilings for leaks during tours. Assist and coordinate fire drills as requested. Makes repairs as necessary and record repairs onto the maintenance log sheet or enter into electronic system.
- Periodically inspects general facilities and/or related equipment for malfunctions, as assigned. Make repairs as necessary and records repairs appropriately.
- During tours, checks all safety showers, inspect electrical outlets, hot water temperature, and floors. Makes repairs as necessary and records repairs appropriately.
- High school diploma, technical school certificates, or equivalent required
- A minimum of 2 years of mechanical, electrical, and/or plumbing experience with an emphasis on building systems inspection, maintenance, and repair
- Ability to read and interpret floorplans, blueprints, and sketches
- Must be detail-oriented, thorough, and follow directions
- Must be respectful and courteous to all necessary stakeholders, including, but not limited to, clients, co-workers, and visitors
- Sufficient ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate to efficiently and effectively complete tasks
- Physical demands include extensive standing and walking; some pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds, and heavy lifting up to 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- COVID-19 vaccinated candidate preferred
Grant offers competitive compensation and benefits, including health and 401K plans. Grant is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to promoting diversity in our firm and industry.
Interested candidates should email resumes to email@example.com or mail to Grant Integrative Facilities Management, 188 Fries Mill Road, Turnersville, NJ 08012.